Forum Discussion

anandmar24
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Mapping TestCases in TFS with TestMethods of TestComplete

Hi Team,

I have 2 questions.

1. Is there any way I can map a method of TestComplete script to specific test case in TFS?

By basic intention is, when I click Run Test Case from TFS, I should be able to call the test complete method and execute.

2. If not, is there a way to execute complete Test Suite of TFS with TestComplete Suite?

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It's been a while since I did this but we were able to achieve something like that.

Basically, you create Test Items in your project to correspond to specific methods or keyword tests you want to have executed.  You then create a Visual Studio Testing project which calls the individual test items.

There's a whole variety of topics in the help that describes exactly how to do this.  You can find them at http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/57250/

Depending upon how you are organizing your tests in VS, how you organize your tests in TestComplete, etc., is which specific methodology you use.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I can share the specifics of what we did.