Forum Discussion

bill_christense
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Keyword test tutorial, part 5

Instructions say:

Now, we can modify the identification property value for the CardSelector mapped object. To do this:

• In the Properties panel of the Name Mapping editor, click the ellipsis button in the NativeClrObject.Name property value cell. The Edit Property Value dialog will appear.

• In the dialog, select Project Variable from the Mode drop-down list and specify the previously created RadioButtonName variable in the Type box.

Problem:  I can't select the variable.  There's nothing it the dropdown. 

Thanks.

• Hi Bill,

Have you created a project variable? To specify it on this step, the variable should already exist. Read this article to learn how to create variables in TestComplete.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bill,

Have you created a project variable? To specify it on this step, the variable should already exist. Read this article to learn how to create variables in TestComplete.

• Ah, I see now.  I had attached the variable to the keyword test itself, not the Project. 

Now it's working as advertised. 

Thanks.

Under what circumstances would you enter the variable under the keyword test?  I suspect there must be some reason for the ability being there.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bill,

You can use the keyword variables if you are going to use them only in your keyword tests as it's impossible to use these variables in scripts, in Name Mapping criteria, etc.