Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to record C# scripts using Test Complete

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to record C# scripts using Test Complete

Hi All,

I was trying to record the scripts using  C# language, but that option is not provided. Is there any other ways available to record C# script using Test Complete? Can I run these scripts using Visual Studio?

Have gone through Help pages like https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/connected/cs.html .. these pages are confusing..

Please do the needful.

Thanks,

Palani

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Please see this answer:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Three-TC-Questions-1-Continuous-...

Helen Kosova
SmartBear Documentation Team Lead
Community Hero

When creating a new project via the wizard (New -> Project), the C# Script language is not presented.   ( @HKosova, perhaps something to report) If you first create a Project Suite (New -> Project Suite) and then add a new project (right click on the project suite and select Add -> New Item), in the language drop down presented, C# Script language is available.

As to the rest of your post -> No, these scripts are not going to be runnable via Visual Studio. TestComplete has objects and such that will not work in Visual Studio. 

As for the page you selected, Connected Applications have been deprecated so it's not really a viable option any more.  

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors