Forum Discussion

Fredrik
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Import dll file from script

Hi, 

I would like to access the TcpClient class located in the system.dll file. I have managed to execute this with the .net assemblies link, but how can I make this  work if I would like to import and execute everything from the script i.e. not using the CLR bridge?

Br

Fredrik 

• I'm not sure I understand your concern.  The CLR bridge settings for any project are stored in the project file itself so, as long as the .NET installation is installed on the target machine, the project shouldn't need reconfigured.

4 Replies

• Why do you not want to use the CLR bridge? Are you asking if there is an alternative in one of the scripting languages that works just like the TcpClient class from system.dll? I don't have any personal experience, but in python you should be able to use the socket module to connect as a client.

If you want to use the TcpClient class from system.dll you'll have to use the CLR bridge.

Fredrik
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks for you reply. 

The reason why I don't want to use the CLR bridge is that I don't  want to have that dependency to manually configure the testcomplete project on any machine that I would like to execute any tests on. Therefore I'm looking for a solution to use the TCP client class or any alternative from the script.  

Br 

Fredrik 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your concern.  The CLR bridge settings for any project are stored in the project file itself so, as long as the .NET installation is installed on the target machine, the project shouldn't need reconfigured.