Forum Discussion

Loganathan
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

How to handle radiobutton and textbox using Data-Driven testing with javascript loop in Testcomplete

1. Recording MagixXpa Desktop application in Testcomplete tool
2. Clicking on radio button and entered the value in Textbox.
3. Stop the record
4. After then verify in Testcomplete tool, Item column it displayed radio button action recorded as "Btn_Container" & Textbox action recorded as "MAGIC_GDT".

2 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Hi,

you can use - "Make Data Loop" feature for data driven test in TestComplete for Keywork Test .

Right click on you Keyword test - Select "Make Data loop" - Cretae variable and next -- Select data source file - like CSV, Excel -- Impot Data source file -- Follow the instraction  till update value pop-up --- in update value pop-up  at Value drop down - Assigned your specific header for var.

This may help you .....

Loganathan
      Occasional Contributor

We are facing an issue with regards to certain elements in the application. While recording, clicking on a checkbox and radiobutton creates items Chk_Container and Btn_Container with x and y coordinates. The same behaviour is witnessed with text boxes too, where most of the text boxes are recorded as "MAGIC_GDT" container. How do I write scripts (using jScript) for such elements where TestComplete records the element as container, wher all Textboxes refer to same container?

I had attached the screenshot of the recorded text, where MAGIC_GDT refers to textbox values. I had also attached the Magic application page.