Forum Discussion

Nimith
Contributor
9 years ago

How to disable an item in Project Items

Hi,

I have two projects, A and B under a project suite. Is there a way to run only Project B.

I tried to uncheck Project A and try to run, but it gives me error. 

I have attached the screenshot for reference. I only want to run the ML project. But it throws error for ARRC project. 

Is there an option to run only the ML project?

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

How do you run the project?

Have you tried to right-click the project suite in the project explorer on the left pane and select Run Project Suite command from the context menu? Or, alternatively, right-click the ML project in the same project explorer on the left pane and select Run Project command from the context menu? Does it work?

I don't have TestComplete at hand at the moment to verify, but it seems to me that the case is that you have the ARRC project selected (highlighted) in the projects list on the right and use the Run command from the toolbar. If my guess is correct, then the observed behavior is correct - TestComplete tries to run the project selected in the list (and this is the ARRC one) but the project contains no enabled test items (which causes the error you observe).

soccerjo
    Occasional Contributor

Are you attempting to start these tests manually? You could open the project you want to run (double-click ML) and press the run arrow from there.

Ravik
      Super Contributor

I have try same scenario in my machine using TestComplete 9.xx vesion it's work for me.

(I have simulate same as screenshot)

I have tried verious combination too. like associate one project item into another, (Keyword test, script).

Which version you are using ?? It might be version specific issue :(