Forum Discussion

payaldalal
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

How to add new properties in existing object checkpoint

An object checkpoint for a label is created with

1. Enable property

2. Visible property

Now for that same check point  i also want to add new property called Outer text.

how to do this?

5 Replies

• Payal,

Select the object of the checkpoint in your stores and use the Edit button to add or remove properties.

Thankyou

wonders
    New Contributor
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Generator" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Originator" />

Is Merging of test scripts into a single script for keyword
    driven testing possible with Test Complete? If yes how and if not what might be the possible solutions for it?
  • Hi,

You can just select and copy (Ctrl-C) script code or keyword operations in one test and paste (Ctrl-V) them to another test.

wonders
    New Contributor

Hello, Thanks for the reply for my query, i still have doubts in some of the places like...

Does 
    the script work on browser enabled fields on the browser, where
    fields on the browser are updateable and record values can be changed?

Does
    TestComplete recognizes special Characters as the language used in our application support special characters, so we need to check if TestComplete can handle them
    properly?

Is it possible to carry out search and replace to the entire script
    for Keyword Driven Testing?If so how?

Latest
    version of Firefox 3.6 does not use identifiers for web objects anymore. Rather
    it also uses mouse coordinates to locate each web object similar to how
    TestComplete keeps track of mouse cursor using screen coordinates. So  we
    need to confirm if TestComplete scripts can still run successfully on Firefox 3.6?

I found the test complete replay keeps on running if it is tracked with menu hover, doesn't test complete support menu hover?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

Does  the script work on browser enabled fields on the browser, where fields on the browser are updateable and record values can be changed?

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. Could you please clarify your question?

Does TestComplete recognizes special Characters as the language used in our application support special characters, so we need to check if TestComplete can handle them properly?
    You can find information on how TestComplete can work with such applications in the 'Support for Unicode' help topic.

Is it possible to carry out search and replace to the entire script for Keyword Driven Testing?If so how?
    When working with scripts, you can use the Replace dialog (see the 'Replace Dialog' help topic). If you are working with keyword tests, could you please clarify what kind of data you want to replace?

So  we need to confirm if TestComplete scripts can still run successfully on Firefox 3.6?
    The current version of TestComplete does not support Firefox 3.6. We are working on adding support for this version of the browser and will try to add it to the next version of TestComplete. Unfortunately, the release date for the next version if not set yet.

I found the test complete replay keeps on running if it is tracked with menu hover, doesn't test complete support menu hover?
    TestComplete does not record a mouse hover action. As a workaround, I can suggest you performing a right-click to a menu item and then replacing calls to the ClickR method with calls to the HoverMouse method with the same parameters. You can find information on this method in the 'HoverMouse Action' help topic.