Forum Discussion

Ragusa
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

How can I change TestComplete Options through a script?

It’s about “Tools, Options, Stores, Update Table elements”. I want first mark it (through a script), run an automated test, unmark it (again through a script) and run then another automated test.

5 Replies

Ragusa
    Occasional Contributor

Nobody here interested in automated tests?

Ragusa
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reference. Unfortunately this doesn't help me. My intension is: Everytime my database gets updated, I want to build a few table checkpoints and use the snapshot as a reference later. For this I have to mark "Tools, Options, Stores, Update Table elments" before that my snapshots get updated during the table checkpoint process. Afterwards, under certain circumstances, I want to run the table checkpoints again. But this time I want to use my previous snapshots as a reference. For this I have first to unmark "Tools, Options, Stores, Update Table elments". Manually this works, but I want to do it automatically. Is there no way to do it? Or do I need a different approach?

Ragusa
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the links. I actually knew both of them. The first one shows the "dialog" to change the option. That works fine. But it has to be done manually. I want to do it automatically, through a script or so. But I can't find a way to do it so far.

The second one seems to me like a kind of circumvention: To read somehow the data not using a Table Checkpoint, maybe not even using TestComplete and then overwrite the contents of my stored Table Checkpoint Snapshot. But why do I have a tool like TestComplete to do it in such a complicated way? To toggle "Tools, Options, Stores, Update Table elements" works fine and just does, what I want. But why can't I do it automatically? Shouldn't TestComplete help to automate tests?