cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending values horizontally to a list

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

appending values horizontally to a list

is there is a way to horizontally add items to a list.Normally it is added vertically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

Re: appending values horizontally to a list

@TanyaGorbunova 

It was just a for loop.My requirement was to take out 4 values each from a list of 600+ values horizontally.I think I messed up  the question I asked here.Please find the code below.

for m in range(0, (len(valueList)-1), 4):
regexpattern=(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m])+(".*")+(valueList[m+1])+(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m+2])+(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m+3])+(".*")

6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

I'm not sure I understand the question.  What kind of list? What do you mean "horizontally" versus "vertically"? 

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Dear Robert,

I have created a set of values from a json file in a list which have around 700+ values.I wanted to rearrrange it to columns of 4.Could you please guide me for the same.

Thank you.

Community Hero

Are you inputting these values into columns in some table or something? Because, in "abstract" code, there really isn't much the idea of rows and columns.  Of course, I could be missing something here but I'm still not sure I understand your goal.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

My problem is resolved.Thanks for the reply.

Community Manager

Great to hear this, @manuelaneena,

Please share your solution with us.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

@TanyaGorbunova 

It was just a for loop.My requirement was to take out 4 values each from a list of 600+ values horizontally.I think I messed up  the question I asked here.Please find the code below.

for m in range(0, (len(valueList)-1), 4):
regexpattern=(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m])+(".*")+(valueList[m+1])+(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m+2])+(".*")+re.escape(valueList[m+3])+(".*")

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
APITestingMistake#2
Top Kudoed Authors