cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete Error - Cannot find the path specified

SOLVED
Super Contributor

TestComplete Error - Cannot find the path specified

I have created new project suite and so project - added 4 scripts and libraries. When I ran the project I got the following error as shown below 

C:\Users\nisgupta\AppData\Local\Temp\tcres127040E6127EC7.tmp. Error: Cannot create file "C:\Users\nisgupta\Documents\TestComplete 14 Projects\IS\CBT\Student\WOAHOLD\CBT WOAHOLD-002 Student Page Holds Search\HSC\Win 10\FF 32 64 bit\CBT WOAHOLD Student\Log\6_20_2019_8_32 AM_15_482\{73B2EC06-E145-424A-8CAB-2016B2074D37}\{17F8413B-09E7-4F85-86AE-F1CD22CE0963}". The system cannot find the path specified

Not sure what is causing this error?

Thanks

Nishchal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: TestComplete Error - Cannot find the path specified

This sounds like a permissions error on the folder for the log files.  Are you using a source control tool like TFS or SVN or Git?  It's possible that the folder has been locked or write-protected in some way.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: TestComplete Error - Cannot find the path specified

This sounds like a permissions error on the folder for the log files.  Are you using a source control tool like TFS or SVN or Git?  It's possible that the folder has been locked or write-protected in some way.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors