Forum Discussion

jakub_krystek
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

TC 8.2 Running project from console - 'PDA' not defined.

Hello.

I am using TC in version 8.20 because I need to test application running on PDA. When I am starting TC manually everything works fine. There is both Sys and PDA in Objects window in Object Browser.

However if I run project using console:

"TC_PATH" "PROJECT.pjs_PATH" /r

PDA never shows up and trying to call any method or property returns 'PDA' not defined exception.

I checked using aqEnvironment.IsPluginInstalled if 'PDA Support' plugin is installed and every time it returns True.

Delays and RefreshMappingInfo doesn't help.

Even if I pause test and reconnect device it doesn't help.

If I stop test and I go to Object Browser 'Updating Object Browser View' message shows up and after this also PDA in the Browser.

Thank You for your support.

9 Replies

jakub_krystek
    Occasional Contributor
    Well. I tried every posibility and it looks like it is TestComplete's fault.

I had to use AutoIt to run TC, reload ObjectBrowser and send F5 to run test. That will have to do it for now.

Too bad PDA is no longer supported, thou.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Jakub,

Sorry for not been able to help and thank you for sharing the found workaround.

(Automation of TestComplete's automation as it works :)) )

Just wondering if your tested application is for Win Mobile5 or some other version?
    jakub_krystek
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi.

We are working with Windows Mobile 5.02 on Motorola MC95.

There is still a lot to do but manuall testing is inefficient so without TC and AI we can't continue.

Thank You for your time and support.

Best regards.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jakub,

I guess that the issue may be related to the fact that TestComplete and the connection to your device are using different Windows accounts.

Let's check that. Can you create a .bat file and specify the command line to launch your TestComplete test there? After that, run the file from your Windows session. Do you get the same error?

jakub_krystek
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank You for your reply.

I did what you asked for. I created two .bat files with command line in it. First one on the desktop with full path to the TestComplete.exe file, and second in the Bin folder, where this file is, without full path.

Unfortunetly, it doesn't help.

There is only one user - Administrator, on this machine. I checked ownership and rights of TC execution file and Project_Name.pjs file too. Administrator has ownership and full rights to both.

There is one thing witch seems strange to me. I rearranged panels for my personal needs so the Object Browser panel is in different place than by default. Each time I launch TC manually it is in place I put it, but when I run TC from command line it is in its default spot. 

Thank You for help. Awaiting reply.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jakub,

What OS is installed on your computer? Check whether MS Active Sync (WinXP) or MS Mobile Device Center (WinVista, WinSeven) is run under the same account as TestComplete. Have you tried running TestComplete as an Administrator?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Jakub,

> There is only one user - Administrator, on this machine.

Note, that been logged in as Administrator user and to run application 'As Administrator' (as Tanya suggested) are different things.

To run application as administrator: right-click application icon or its shortcut and select the 'Run as administrator' command from the context menu.
    jakub_krystek
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi.

In both testcomplete.exe and wmdc.exe i have checked option 'Run as an Administrator'. I also tried with context menu option 'Run as (...)' like Alexei said.  Unfortunately without positive results.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1 with 64 bit infrastructure.

WMDC's version is 6.1.

I am going to create new user and check if runnig TC and WMDC as it helps.

Thank You for your support.