Forum Discussion

jazeckel
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Status tag in XML log files

I am trying to integrate TestComplete with TeamCity via MSBuild.  Basically what I do is run TestComplete via MSBuild, and have it run at the end a script with saves out the log file as HTML.  Then I have an MSBuild task that is a script to parse the log files (root.xml, ProjectLog.xml, etc.).  This script needs to be able to determine whether a test passed or failed.  The problem I am running into is that the Status of a test is listed with the filename of an image (e.g. 420508B0.gif) in the ProjectLog.xml file, and this filename is not consistent if I export the log multiple times or for different projects.  Is there anywhere in the HTML log export that there is something saying which image filename means success, which means info, which means error, etc?

1 Reply

• Hi Jessica,

>>>

Is there anywhere in the HTML log export that there is something saying which image filename means success, which means info, which means error, etc?

<<<

In root.xml, you can find something like this:

<LogData name="Keyword Test Log [Test1]" status="0">...</LogData>

By analyzing the value of the status attribute, you can find out whether a test run was successful:

0: a test was successful ('ok.gif' is used);

1: there were warnings ('warn.gif' is used);

2: a test failed ('error.gif' is used);

The images you were speaking about describe the status of test actions.