Forum Discussion

DarkShadows
Contributor
6 years ago

Single sign-on

Hello Team,

This is regarding Single Sign-on (SSO) feature for the web application, How to handle it in TestComplete keywords or Scripts way.

I've tried it by normal login script but it didn't work very well and risk of credentials details to share with other teammates.

Could you please guide me how to handle it with Test Complete tools.

Kind Regards,

Amit*

4 Replies

• Sometimes SSO is handled by another application 'under the covers'.  If you have a program like Fiddler available to you - turn it on and see if when you record the signon process Fiddler records calls related to the SSO that aren't showing up in your SmartBear recording.  If yes - you can add those missed calls to the SmartBear recording. 

cunderw
    Community Hero

We're going to need a lot more information to help you with this.

What OS / Version of test complete?

How is your SSO performed? Is it a single web portal?

What type of application?

What didn't work well about the login script you did try?

You can set password fields and local only fields for test complete, or read in a config file so as to not share your credentials if that is a worry. 

DarkShadows
      Contributor

Hello Cunderw,

Thanks for replying as requested I have summarised all my details, Please see below details hope this will help you to understand my problem while logging into SSO enable web application.

What OS / Version of test complete?

I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit (10.0 Build 17134)  and TestComplete version: 12.50.4142.7 x64

How is your SSO performed? Is it a single web portal?

Integrated Windows Authentication.  When the user is signed into the company domain, they have a valid security token that’s been issued by the domain controller.

What type of application?

Web application.

What didn't work well about the login script you did try?

It didn't recognise username and password, I tried to execute browser using (RUN AS) method and even the launched browser using 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --auth-server-whitelist="_"

However, this is the just temporary solution it works only first time second time if I want to run the same script on the same browser then it will fail as user remained logged in even though you logged out yourself.

Kind Regards

Amit

cunderw
        Community Hero

Can you provide code examples, screenshots of your object browser for the failing objects, and any name mapping you may have? My guess is that your criteria for finding the objects is not accurate enough to always find them.