cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script language JAVA

Occasional Contributor

Script language JAVA

Hello.

We normally use KW to record our test and select JS as language script for the translation into script.

but most of our apps are Java - based.

Are you planning to include Java as language for the scripts?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: Script language JAVA

JavaScript is available as a language for writing automation.

You don't have to write your automation code in the same language as your application code.  I could write my automation code in DelphiScript to test a Java application.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

So if I want to transform my KW to script test, it will be never possible to translate automatically to Java?

Community Hero

It will convert to JavaScript to be executed within TestComplete...  Right click on any keyword test and select "Convert to Script" and it will convert to whatever script language you selected when you created your project.  If JavaScript was selected, then it will convert to that.... but again, it is intended to be run within TestComplete.... it's not going to be something you'll compile into an executable of Java that you can run outside of the TestComplete environment.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors