Forum Discussion

AVelthoen
New Contributor
9 years ago

Quickly generate object checkpoints from NameMapping module?

Hi, I'm working on a smoketest that contains a number of 'Fingerprint'-tests. These are tests that mainly check the completeness of a page in terms of which objects are present on it. For each page I have created a hierarchy using the object mapper, with in it the objects that should be on the screen. I have been trying to find a quick way of 'generating' a set of object checkpoints for each page. Instead of adding them through the object checkpoint wizard, which takes a long time, I would like to be able to generate them by right-clicking on one or more objects from the name mapping module for instance.

Does someone know if this is possible, or whether there is another way of doing this? It seems very redundant to me to use the object checkpoint wizard for each object (long process), while I already have the objects right here in the name mapping module.

Added a part of my namemap as an attachment. It would be easy if I could right-click on buttonToevoegen, buttonVerwijderen, linkAdres, linkNaam, etc... and select 'create checkpoint'... Or whatever, as long as I don't have to go through the wizard.

Thanks,

André

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

How would it know which test needs the checkpoint?

AVelthoen
      New Contributor

Hi Marsha, at present this functionality does not exist in TestComplete, I was just trying to sketch my ideal workflow. As it does not exist I was interested to know if other users have ideas as to how things can be done quicker, without having to go through the wizard for each and every checkpoint individually.

baxatob
        Community Hero

You can speed up this process by creating the object templates in the Stores / Objects

Once you have create the templates, you can use it for object checkpoints.

To speed up object creating you can use the "Edit Groups" feature - https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/76373/