Forum Discussion

bahadirarslan
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Publishing Test Results With Team Build 2010

Hi ,

We are using Test Complete 8 to test our application's UI.

We had created our TestComplete project and integrated with Team Build as explained in your tutorials.

Now when i start a build, test execute start automatically and start to test at remote build machine.

But, i want to publish test result to TFS and can access from my local machine. Because if testexecute fails, it drops a .trx file to remote build machine's build share folder and i couldn't access the results without connection (with rdp) to remote machine.

Do you have any suggestions to accomplish this? 

If we couldn't do this, for now mailling test results (success or fail) acceptable for me.

Bahadir Arslan

5 Replies

• Hi Bahadir,

Actually, the results are published and you can find them in a build log. Open the test section in the log's Summary, click the View Test Results link and you will see the Test Results panel with the list of the results. Double-click the desired results in order to see them.
    bahadirarslan
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

When i try to click "View Test Results" link at the build log, i got an exception.

"Downloading the selected test run failed. Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Common.ITestElement'."

Do you have any suggestion?

Or is it possible to send and email after test from TestExecute?

• Hi Bahadir,

"Downloading the selected test run failed. Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Common.ITestElement'."

Do you have any suggestion?
    This seems to be an issue with your TFS settings. Please find more information here. Please let us know if you can find a way to resolve this issue.

Or is it possible to send and email after test from TestExecute?
    Yes, this is possible. You can find information on how to do this in the Sending Results via E-Mail help topic.
    bahadirarslan
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for your help.

But i don't think our TFS settings cause this issue. Because we have got Unit Tests too and i can access their results via View Test Results link.

Only TestComplete results cause this.

Yes we can send test results by openning test complete; but i want to send email automatically after test complete or fail. Because we are triggering TestExecute with Team Build at nightly builds.

• Hi Bahadir,

We never faced this problem with publishing test results before. Please let me know what exactly versions of Visual Studio and TFS you have. Did you install TestComplete after installing these instances of VS and TFS? Can you check whether the results can be opened on another machine?

Yes we can send test results by opening test complete; but i want to send email automatically after test complete or fail. Because we are triggering TestExecute with Team Build at nightly builds.
    The topic I mentioned contains information on how to send results via e-mail from a script or a keyword test. You can add a new test item to the end of your test project and send results of the test execution from this test item.