Forum Discussion

david_munro
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Object Not Found

Hi,

I recorded a test in my DEV environment but when running it in my UAT environment, I get "Object Not Found".

The web pages are identical and I have changed my global variables so it loads the page OK, it just can't find the object.

I have attached an example of the object which is clicked and opens a light box.

Is there a good way of recording objects so they can be found when running in an different environment?

Thanks

David.

• In general, when you change the enviroment, there might be some changes in the properties of object even if it looks similar by the way it appear yet it differs. So try to assign unique property while namemapping so that the property must be reflected in both environments as same.

5 Replies

softwarevikram
    Occasional Contributor
    In general, when you change the enviroment, there might be some changes in the properties of object even if it looks similar by the way it appear yet it differs. So try to assign unique property while namemapping so that the property must be reflected in both environments as same.
    david_munro
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks Vikram,

Do you know what I should search on in the help contents which would how me how to do this?

Thanks

David.

softwarevikram
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi David,

Either you can assign the unique property for a particular object while namemapping it (in object spy window) or you can do that on an already namemapped object just by double clicking on that object in the namemapping window (not object spy) that appears when you open the "Namemapping" Test Item from the project explorer panel. The step that actully helps you to assign the property is by either double clicking on the required (unique) property that you feel/identified from the list on the right side (properties panel) of the window that appears when you do the action in previous statement or just single click on the property and then clicking left arrow blue button/icon. After this the property assigned in the left column of that window assures that you have assined this property to that object.

Also you can find the sample image file in the attachment to know how it appears.
    softwarevikram
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi David,

It seems hard to retrieve the right thing from the search of help functionality, this is because often we don't know to provide the right key word that points to the tool oriented technical words/terminalogy. So try to search using alternate words as key words so that you can find it in practice.