Forum Discussion

lleppert
Contributor
9 years ago

Namemapping Templates- Specify property NOT to use?

Hello all,

We have been having a lot of namemapping issues while trying to record our web product. The problem is, testcomplete wants to map the objects on the page using identifiers that constantly change. If I edit the namemapping and remove this dynamic property, replacing it with some unique, static properties then everything is great. The problem is, our goal is be able to give a test to an intern and have them be able to record it without having to alter namemapping.

So I turned to namemapping templates. I created a template for a certain object and told it to use specific properties. It does in fact use the properties that I told it to use, but it is also using a property I do not want it to use.

For example, I want to map a certain object with properties A, B, and C but by default it uses A and D. Well after I create the tempalte telling it to use A, B, and C, it will map the object using A, B, C, and D. 

My question is, is it possible to create a template that says store properties A, B, and C, but do NOT use D?

Thanks!

5 Replies

william_roe
    Super Contributor

By any chance are there two templates with the same 'ObjectType' and differing attributes? What is the primary identifier you are using?

lleppert
      Contributor

Hi William,

Thanks for responding. I currently only have one template. I am using ObjectType as my "active' identifier and am trying to 'Store' NativeWebObject, Enabled, and contentText.

dbattaglia
        Contributor

are you mapping the object manually or automatically?

the auto-map feature doesn't use the templates, it uses the default tc logic instead.