Forum Discussion

Philip_Baird
Community Expert
11 years ago
Solved

Migrating Post Bug to JIRA to JIRA REST API?

Migrating Post Bug to JIRA to JIRA REST API?

Hi, from investigating the behaviour of the current Post Bug to JIRA Logging Script Extension it appears that the Script Extension uses the JIRA SOAP API which, according to the JIRA Developer docs here,

"the SOAP and XML-RPC is deprecated in JIRA 6.0 and will be removed in JIRA 7.0."

Does SmartBear have a replacement REST version available or on the product road map?

I am currently writing a JIRA integration Script Extension to create Tests, Test Cycles and Test Executions in Zephyr for JIRA using the ZAPI REST API and if SmartBear have no immediate plans to offer the Post Bug to JIRA using the REST API my intention would be for us to write our own so all our JIRA integration is via the REST APIs.

Regards,

Phil Baird

• Hi Phil,

Right now, the JIRA documentation is frequently updated, and many things may be changed when v. 7 is released.

I consulted our R&D team - they are going to support the next JIRA version. The exact implementation approach (via a special script extension or in another way) we will use will be defined after JIRA is officially released.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Phil,

Right now, the JIRA documentation is frequently updated, and many things may be changed when v. 7 is released.

I consulted our R&D team - they are going to support the next JIRA version. The exact implementation approach (via a special script extension or in another way) we will use will be defined after JIRA is officially released.