Forum Discussion

JKandi
New Contributor
7 years ago

How to use files with the same name (test.dgn & test.pdf) but different extension in Stores>Files?

Dear colleague,

I'd like to use for upload in my test files with the same name but different extension, for example 10-test-030-NL.dgn and the same 10-test-030-NL.pdf, and I need to use the both of them in a one test.

I can't change the names, because the website what I'm testing verifies files to use according this names, but when I attach this files to Stores > Files in my project in testcomplet, it requires to change the names. It seems that testcomplet doesn't recognise the extension of the files. 

Please, do you have a tip to solve my situation? 

Thanks in advance.

Jelena Kandi

6 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor

I have just tried to add files with the names you provided to the Stores>Files in TC 10 and it worked.

Which version of TC are use using and how do you add the files (manually or in the script code)?

If you use script code, post here your code example.

JKandi
      New Contributor

Thanks for your answer. I use version 12.31 and still kan't attacht it. Where is my mistake?

Please, see an attached document for reproduction steps.

1. & 2. step in attached document: I attach first file to Stores > Files: 10-Asd-030-AC.dwg

It appears and in Files and in project Explorer with correct name

3. & 4. step: I attach a next document with name 0-Asd-030-AC.pdf and it correct attached in explorer but name in Stores > Files is automatically canged.

5. step: I try to rename it with Edit, but when I select Rename in Files appears file with the same name but much bigger size and I kan't rename it, because it already exists.

6. In Explorer it doesn't exists.

Where is my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Jelena Kandi.

karkadil
        Valued Contributor

Looks strange. Try do the following: copy the files to the Stores\Files folder in the project's folder (I mean in the OS using Explorer for instance), then add them to the Stores using TestComplete.

(Before doing this, remove previously added files both from the folder on the disk and from TestComplete project).