12 years ago

Execution is failed "Waiting Until the drop-down box closes"

when the drop down item is clicked

eg: DropDownList["ClickItem"](1)

following message is shown "Waiting Until the drop-down box closes"

Execution fails with the below error:

Possible reasons:

1. The application stopped responding.

2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).

3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical information:

303 0x84000001 () .

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guruprasad,

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest TestComplete version - 9.20.

If the problem persists in it, some investigation is required - follow the steps below:

1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe.

2. Select the "Launch/attach to TestComplete" option.

3. Run another instance of the Report Generator tool.

4. Select the "Track application launch" option, specify your application executable name, check the "Track multiple launches of the application" box and click Next. The Report Generator tool will wait until the application is launched and then will track all events in it.

5. Reproduce the problem.

6. Click the "Generate..." button in all instances of the Report Generator tool and save reports to a local folder.

7. Send our TestComplete Support team the reports.

Thanks!

• Hi,

I am also facing  same drop down issue. I am using TE 10.10 on test machine where i dont have test complete. On devloper machine code in working fine while execute from test complete.

This issue only coming on Chrome 33 browser, other than that working perfect on other browser(Firefox, IE).
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anshul,

Can you check the TestComplete version installed on the developer machine? 

Also, it's worth checking if SmartBear's Chrome extension is properly installed and activated on the computer where TestExecute is installed.