Forum Discussion

shailesh_singh
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Can we parameterize checkpoint between data driven loop?

During Loging test with different users, i need to check that login user is correct or not. So in record and play , i put checkpoint after login with one user.

When i put data-driven loop,it get failed checkpoint for second user and stop the scenario. In that case it is not moving to third record. And also how can i change the second value for recorded checkpoint.

Thanks,

Shailesh

8 Replies

shailesh_singh
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks!!

I try parameterization for property checkpoint with excel sheet. It get parameterized with  expected value and run successfully. Thanks for it.

But my problem is still arrive because I try to check label value for different users so I required parameterized both actual and expected value for any particular object(label).

as an example I login with first user and it shows label "first user" and after that login with second user and check label "second user" with the checkpoint(record and play).

So in my recording I want to record one time script for one user and try to data loop for many users to test the correct login.

Thanks,

Shailesh

djadhav
        Regular Contributor

Here is an example of a script recording I did and added a property checkpoint

FUNCTION check_Username(userid)
        {
          aqObject.CheckProperty(Aliases.browser.pageHtmlFormTag.lbl_LoggedInUser, "contentText", cmpContains, "userid");
        }

In the example above the first value (actual value) of 'Aliases.browser.pageHtmlFormTag.lbl_LoggedInUser' will automatically change according to the user that is logged in. You don't need to change that value.

All you need is pass the parameterized (expected value) to this function to use the checkpoint.