Forum Discussion

trose
New Contributor
14 years ago

aqfile.copy and aqfilesystem.copy

Hi,

actually I tried to change my test run from TestComplete7 to TestComplete 8.2.

There are two problems:

1. aqfile.copy and aqfilesysten.copy, execution platfrom: Windows Vista and .Net 3.5 

there is an acces violation error tccoreEx.dll, in this case I tried to copy an .xml-file

2. aqfilesysten.copy, execution platfrom: Windows 2007 and .Net4

there is a problem with nouns in copying files.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks from Germany

trose

7 Replies

• Hi,

1. aqfile.copy and aqfilesysten.copy, execution platfrom: Windows Vista and .Net 3.5 

there is an acces violation error tccoreEx.dll, in this case I tried to copy an .xml-file

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:

1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

AQtime Standard

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Enable the "Profiling Time | Event View | Debug Events | Generate dump on exception" option and specify a dump folder.

9. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

10. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

11. AQtime will start TestComplete and generate dump files for all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

12. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.

13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send us the file along with all of the generated dump files via the Contact Support form.

2. aqfilesysten.copy, execution platfrom: Windows 2007 and .Net4

there is a problem with nouns in copying files.

Please detail the mentioned behavior so we can try to reproduce and investigate it on our side.
    trose
    New Contributor
    Hi,

quote2:

I try to explain... I tried to add an excel file called "affinität.xlsx" as a new item. Testcomplete 8.2 converts the "ä" in another sign. The same thing happens with '"ü", "ö", space, hyphen, dot and "ß" in the filename.

This Version also doesn't like a number at the first Position of the filename. For example a file called 09-329.... got an "A" on the first position. And that's not the end of the story... ;-) ... all old files with such nouns in the filename I handled in Version 7, I can see correctly in the filelist in Version 8. But running my testrun the programm aborded because it can't find or read this files.

So, I hope my description is detailed enough.

Thanks much for your support.

Best regards

trose
  • Hi,

As far as I understand, you are adding the files to the Stores | Files collection of your project.

I tried to add an excel file called "affinitÄt.xlsx" as a new item. Testcomplete 8.2 converts the "Ä" in another sign. The same thing happens with '"Ü", "Ö", space, hyphen, dot and "ß" in the filename

We have reproduced this behavior and are investigating it. We will keep you updated on the progress.

This Version also doesn't like a number at the first Position of the filename. For example a file called 09-329.... got an "A" on the first position

Let me quote the Remarks section of the Adding Files to the Files Collection help topic:

When you add a file to the Files collection, TestComplete converts the name of the selected file to a name that is allowed in scripts. For example, the name 1.bat cannot be used in script code. This file name will be converted to the A_bat name, which is valid and can be used in your scripts.

The behavior was changed due to the introduction of the File.Check method that allows addressing files from Stores | Files by their name in the collection.

all old files with such nouns in the filename I handled in Version 7, I can see correctly in the filelist in Version 8. But running my testrun the programm aborded because it can't find or read this files

We failed to reproduce this. Could you please post the problematic script? Also, tell us what the error is and on what line it occurs.

• Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem with German letters. It will be fixed in one of future TestComplete updates.

Morgan
    Frequent Contributor
    Do you have an ETA on the tcCoreEx.dll error fix?  I've run into it a few times now.  This latest time, I received an out of memory error while running my script so I rebooted TC8.10.  I went to replay the script and it wouldn't play - it just sat there (no error either).  I exited the application once again and received the error that there was a problem in module unloaded TCCoreEx.dll.  If you need the error DMP, let me know and I can send one.

Thanks,

Morgan
  • Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately, T. Rose has not replied, so we did not have a possibility to investigate the behavior. We need to get additional information from you. Please follow the steps below (they are slightly modified compared to the original ones):

1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

AQtime Standard

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Enable the "Profiling Time | Event View | Debug Events | Generate dump on exception" option and specify a dump folder.

9. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

10. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start profiling.

11. AQtime will start TestComplete and generate dump files for all the exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

12. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.

13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send us the file along with all the generated dump files via our Contact Support form.
    trose
    New Contributor
    Hi,

as soon as possible I'll give you the further informations to solve the problem.

Thanks

trose