Forum Discussion

marunachalam
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Windows 10 not able to find the Object

Hi ,

I am trying to access some objects from windows application and its working fine on WIndows 7 OS but getting below in Windows 10 machines.

There was an attempt to perform an action at point (41, 11) which is transparent or out of the window bounds

Could some one help on this?

21 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What version of TC are you using?

The reason I ask is that, because of the nature of Windows 10 and how different versions of Windows 10 sometimes identify things differently, you may need to upgrade your TC version.

marunachalam
      Occasional Contributor

I am using Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64 and i could able to see in Object browser that particular button.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Then the problem is not in the OS but in the code.  

Generally speaking, the error message that you indicate is a "timing" error.  You perform an action and that action causes objects or components to become visible or available.  you then perform another action on those new items.

What it sounds like is that between the first and second action, there is some sort of time delay or other process that needs to be waited for before you can perform the second action.  Try putting a "delay" in before the desired action as a test... I would NOT recommend keeping the hard coded delay... it is simply to diagnose.  Once we confirm that is the case, then you can start looking at adding things like WaitChild or WaitProperty or something like that.