Forum Discussion

sameerjade
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Sys.OSInfo.FullName command returns "Microsoft Windows 8 Business, 64-bit" for a Win 10 Pro machine?

Hello,

When I enter the command Log.Message(Sys.OSInfo.FullName) in my Windows 10 Pro machine, it returns "Microsoft Windows 8 Business, 64-bit" instead. I tried the command systeminfo on a command prompt and it correctly returned Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. Is this a known TestComplete issue? Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,

Sameer

8 Replies

krkarthik_info
    Frequent Contributor

Hi Sameer,

I tried the same command as mentioned below in my Windows 10 machine and it returned the details correctly as "Microsoft Windows 10 Business, 64-bit". I don't think there is an issue with TestComplete. By the way I am using TC version 12. Which version of TC are you using?

Log.Message(Sys.OSInfo.FullName);

Thanks,

Karthik K R 

sameerjade
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for trying the command on your end. I am using TestComplete version 11. Maybe that is the issue? Also, my Win10 machine is a Win10 Pro machine.

Thanks,

Sameer

krkarthik_info
        Frequent Contributor

Mine also Windows 10 Pro edition. Ideally any version of TC should return the same details on executing the same commands. Just give it a try with TC version 12 and see if you get the proper result. If not technical team of TC has to look into this issue.