cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for BCGControlBar's (from BCGSoft) methods/functions ?

Occasional Contributor

Support for BCGControlBar's (from BCGSoft) methods/functions ?

Hi, our application uses a CBCGPToolBoxPage toolbox control from BCGSoft.  I would like to be able to access the buttons in that control using the native methods/functions.  Right now it's a black box to TestComplete.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of how to accomplish this?  Maybe adding an entry in the Object Mapping?

Thanks,

John

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Support for BCGControlBar's (from BCGSoft) methods/functions ?

Hi Community,

What can we suggest here?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Community Hero

Hi John,

> Maybe adding an entry in the Object Mapping?

Have you tried this?

Another idea, considering that these are native C\C++ controls, is to talk to developers and ask them for debug version of controls along with the debug info. (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/visual-c/index.html help topic might help...)

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.  I haven't tried adding anything to the object mapping because I'm not sure what and where to add it.  I'm hoping that will be the easy solution to the problem if I can figure it out.

Thanks again, John

Community Manager

Hi @John_OR,

I think you can try adding the BCGControlBar's class name to the Win32 Controls and Windows section in the Object Mapping settings. Please find more information here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/mapping.html

However, I agree with Alex - the best option is to build the tested app with the debug information. In this case, TestComplete will have access to native properties and methods of the control that you can use in your test.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the ideas. 

There has been an interesting development.  I found another TestComplete project created by someone else at my company where it is working.  Now if there was only a way I could diff the Object Mapping between the two projects  I think I would have my solution.  Unfortunatly I don't see any way to easily diff them.  Is the Object Mapping stored in a file somewhere?

Best regards,

John

Community Hero

I think its stored in the MDS project file

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: