SmartBear Connect 2018
Join us at SmartBear Connect 2018 on October 29th & 30th in Boston, MA.
Come meet the team behind your tools – get your ticket today!
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Previously mapped window name shows up for another window

Hi,

I previously mapped a window and some of its objects. When I try to map another window the previously mapped window appears for the next one.

Do I use the same name but name the objects accordingly?  Or is the another way to identify these windows?

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
Topics: 43
Kudos: 2,491
Solutions: 503

Re: Previously mapped window name shows up for another window

This is most likely a problem with the originally mapped window... the criteria you have used in mapping that window is not unique enough to identify it as a separate object from the new window you're trying to map.  You should probably investigate your mapping criteria and see if there is some property you can add or a property you can replace so as to give a better identifing set.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Extensions available
Community Leaders Program
Occasional Contributor

Morning,

I changed the mapped names & the ObjectIdentifier for each window and it works perfect.

Thanks

Dave

Occasional Contributor

So, I thought it was working okay but its not.  See the attached screenshot...What other properties do you recommend I change?

Topics: 43
Kudos: 2,491
Solutions: 503

Just a guess, but RecordCaption seems to be a good candidate... or ObjectIdentifier.  They appear to be something a bit more unique to the object as being the "Work Orders List".. unless there's another "Work Orders List".. but that seems to be the one to start with.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Extensions available
Community Leaders Program
Occasional Contributor

I mapped the 1st & 2nd windows, changing the 'ObjectIdentifier' & 'RecordCaption' in both.  When I got to the third it mapped okay but the ObjectIdentifier & RecordCaption was the same as the 1st window I mapped.

ScreenShot.JPG