Forum Discussion

russelld
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Previously mapped window name shows up for another window

Hi,

I previously mapped a window and some of its objects. When I try to map another window the previously mapped window appears for the next one.

Do I use the same name but name the objects accordingly?  Or is the another way to identify these windows?

Thanks

Dave

• This is most likely a problem with the originally mapped window... the criteria you have used in mapping that window is not unique enough to identify it as a separate object from the new window you're trying to map.  You should probably investigate your mapping criteria and see if there is some property you can add or a property you can replace so as to give a better identifing set.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

This is most likely a problem with the originally mapped window... the criteria you have used in mapping that window is not unique enough to identify it as a separate object from the new window you're trying to map.  You should probably investigate your mapping criteria and see if there is some property you can add or a property you can replace so as to give a better identifing set.

russelld
      Contributor

Morning,

I changed the mapped names & the ObjectIdentifier for each window and it works perfect.

Thanks

Dave

russelld
        Contributor

So, I thought it was working okay but its not.  See the attached screenshot...What other properties do you recommend I change?