Forum Discussion

JennyH11
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object errors on run in newly created projectsuite with keywordtests shared from other suite

Hi

I have created a new project suite this morning and have added the items I need from another suite including the specific keyword tests I need, testedapps, stores, namemapping. It seems to run OK but for certain objects giving the following error:

"Unable to evaluate the operation's "Object" parameter. Error: RuntimeError: The specified object is not callable"

When I check the name mapping to see if the object exists, it does. It also highlights the object on screen when asked. Also, if I say 'Edit Checkpoint Data' from the Keyword test in the editor workspace it takes me to the region checkpoint image in Regions, so the image does exist in this project.

All seems present and correct from these checks but is there something else I'm missing?

All help appreciated as always!

Thanks

Jenny

• What it sounds like is converstion.

When you create a project in TestComplete, one of the things you select is the code language for the project (JavaScript, DelphiScript, etc).  Even if you're using only keyword tests, there is some aspect of that which uses that code language (code expressions, code snippets, etc).  

So, if Project A was created for one language and Project B was created for another language, when you added stuff from A into B, a conversion most likely took place of those portions that are code dependant.

This MAY actually be the cause of your first problem, that when you added your items to Project B, they converted improperly (or didn't convert at all) and hence wouldn't run in the new project.

8 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Check the type of the parameters in the lines that give the error.  You may have a variable somewhere that's string instead of object or some other type mixup.  

JennyH11
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply Marsha_R.

I couldn't find a way to resolve this issue quickly so I had to revert back to using the existing project for what I wanted to do. It was a bit of a pain but not major.

I did have a side effect issue caused by sharing the test with the other project suite which I am more concerned about. When I tried to run the test I had shared from it's parent project it would not run for the same reason. When I looked closer the Value had changed and now included odd full stops where it didn't before. For example,

aqConvert.DateTimeToFormatStr(aqDateTime.AddDays(aqDateTime.Today, 1), "%d%m%Y")

became something like 

aqConvert.DateTimeToFormatStr.(aqDateTime.AddDays(aqDateTime.Today,. 1),. "%d%m%Y")

So, basically, by sharing the test with another project I had inadvertantly broken the test! To resolve I had to manually amend and take out the random full stops, thankfully I hadn't shared many.

Any idea why this happened? I would like to share tests between projects and project suites, so I would be interested to know so that I can make sure this doesn't occur.

Many thanks,

Jenny

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

What it sounds like is converstion.

When you create a project in TestComplete, one of the things you select is the code language for the project (JavaScript, DelphiScript, etc).  Even if you're using only keyword tests, there is some aspect of that which uses that code language (code expressions, code snippets, etc).  

So, if Project A was created for one language and Project B was created for another language, when you added stuff from A into B, a conversion most likely took place of those portions that are code dependant.

This MAY actually be the cause of your first problem, that when you added your items to Project B, they converted improperly (or didn't convert at all) and hence wouldn't run in the new project.