cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object does not exist

SOLVED
New Contributor

Object does not exist

I try to let TC enter login details in a textbox. The error keeps showing during playback "The object [...] does not exist".

Although the textbox is recognized by TC and object spy confirms the object name, the SetText operation keeps failing. (Already tried OCR and On-Screen Action)

I also tried a Keys method, but nothing happens.

I did achieve to make TC click (activate) the textbox through an Image Based Action.

Unfortunately, the image based action doesn't combine with a SetText..

Please see my screenshots. Hope someone has a suggestion. Thanks in advance.

InlogReuters.JPGErrorlog.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Staff

Re: Object does not exist

without having any additional information, I'd wager that the textbox object is dynamically named each time. You can see that its name mapping goes something like Aliases.Eikon.Something.Somethingelse....textbox{0abfsdg28423-random alphanumeric characters}

So what you need to do is go into your name mapping file, and use the asterisk (*) to wildcard out all the random alpha nuemric characters following the word textbox. 

Here is a great video covering how to handle these objects: https://support.smartbear.com/screencasts/testcomplete/reliable-tests-for-dynamic-objects/

Hope this helped Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Staff

without having any additional information, I'd wager that the textbox object is dynamically named each time. You can see that its name mapping goes something like Aliases.Eikon.Something.Somethingelse....textbox{0abfsdg28423-random alphanumeric characters}

So what you need to do is go into your name mapping file, and use the asterisk (*) to wildcard out all the random alpha nuemric characters following the word textbox. 

Here is a great video covering how to handle these objects: https://support.smartbear.com/screencasts/testcomplete/reliable-tests-for-dynamic-objects/

Hope this helped Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, it worked!