Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Script not showing in Script list

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

New Script not showing in Script list

HI ,

I took an existing script, copied it, pasted it in new script, renamed added a few lines and it is not showing up??? I have restarted all my apps, did not help, rebooted machine, same results.

Existing Script: "Spare_Booked_Off_First_part_Of_Day"

New Script: "Spare_Booked_Off_First_part_Of_Day_Assign_Work".

It is listed if you right click on "Scripts"  and choose "Show in Explorer" (see screen shots).

Is there a limit on the length of script name or a limit on the number of scripts???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Renaming the contents of the file or creating a new file does not automatically add to the TestComplete project.  To add a file to the TestComplete project, right click on the Script note, select "Add -> Existing" and browse to the file.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Renaming the contents of the file or creating a new file does not automatically add to the TestComplete project.  To add a file to the TestComplete project, right click on the Script note, select "Add -> Existing" and browse to the file.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, I did not know that I needed to "Add"," Existing Item".  I have never had to do this before...:

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks Robert,

I thought I put up an answer before lunch but I dont see it.  Your solution worked.  I have never had to do this before...strange...but thanks !!

Lee

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors