Forum Discussion

aciccone
New Contributor
7 years ago

Item found and double clicked but then item recognition error of the same item occurs

So ever since I updated this morning ( to Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64) I get a slew of object recognition hints in my test logs. The tests run fine, it just a bunch of object recognition warnings.

Looking deeper I noticed that the objects that are not being recognized are objects that already were found and actions performed on.

For example my test looks for the 'ProgramData' folder and performs a double click on it.

The double click on 'ProgramData.Name' occurs properly but then immediately after it is properly clicked TestComplete attempts to look for the same object it just double clicked and obviously it fails with object recognition warning

Of course it will not find the folder 'ProgramData' because it already double clicked it and is in the folder itself.

I could not find any kind of setting in project properties or options that would affect the order of recognition vs action being performed.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

1 Reply

• I've got the same issue after updating to Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64. When I click on OK button in popup TestComplete attempts to look for the same OK button and can't find it. No errors in log but it takes more time to run the test suite. Could anybody provide an information to resolve this issue?