Forum Discussion

Ryu
Contributor
6 years ago

How to handle nested pop-up/fly-out menus in TestComplete?

TestComplete sees my software's menus as application.popupwindow.  It also sees the sub menus within those menus as application.popupwindow (the same mapping as the original pop-up).  It also only sees the whole menu/sub-menu and not individual options within those menus, so I have to use coordinates to click on options.  So, when I record or script something as

application.[menu]popupwindow.click(x1, y1)

application.[submenu]popupwindow.click(x2, y2)

TestComplete only sees the first instance of the pop-up window and not the second, so it clicks in different areas of the first window.  Does anyone know any way to get around and/or fix this?

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

.Net applications are 'open' for TestComplete that should be able to access its internals.

So:

a) Check with your developers what tools/technologies were used for the application;

b) Post here a screenshot of the Object Browser with the problematic menu highlighted (we will be most interested about WndClass or .Net class properties).

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Coordinates are not a great thing to rely on.  Let's see if we can find you a way around that.

What's your application written in?  There may be some language-specific setup steps that will help you identify the objects.

Ryu
      Contributor
      I believe it is written in C#. I am scripting my tests in Python. :)