Forum Discussion

pankhuri
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Find usage of a test within Keyword Tests

Hi,

Is there a way to find usage of a test within all your keyword tests? Below is the issue I am facing-

I have a parameterized keyword test (KT1) which I am using in another keyword test (KT2) and a few other tests. Now, I changed the parameters for KT1, and I have to manually go and check each  of the keyword test and modify the parameters for KT1. Sometimes. I even don't know which tests might be using KT1. I tried to use 'Find All' but it just gave me results for scripts not for keyword tests.

Can anyone help me with this? 

TestComplete version used- 14.61.294.7 

Thanks in advance,

Pankhuri

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Thank you ApplePen!

Hi pankhuri ! I've consulted with the team and there's no functionality like this in the tool currently. The best next step would be to create a feature request for this! Thank you.  

5 Replies

ApplePen
    Community Leader

All the parameters in a keyword test are in the Parameter manage dialog.

You could check parameters in it.

And you could add description information in parameters to make it more clear.

pankhuri
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

The issue I am facing is not editing the parameters. I am able to edit the parameters of a test but if I want to find usage of a keyword test within all keyword tests, I am not able to that.

Like, how we find usage of a function/routine in scripts. The same thing I do not see for keyword tests.

Thanks,

Pankhuri

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you ApplePen!

Hi pankhuri ! I've consulted with the team and there's no functionality like this in the tool currently. The best next step would be to create a feature request for this! Thank you.