Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExportLogToXMLAlso

SOLVED
Contributor

ExportLogToXMLAlso

Hi,

I'm trying to export the TestExecute log data as XML. I have three runs in TestExecute and three Log.mht, but no xml files.

Did I do something wrong?

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog /el:C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.mht /ExportLogToXMLAlso

regards

Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: ExportLogToXMLAlso

The /ExportLogToXMLAlso is only used with UnPacked Stroage... MHT is the packed/compressed.  When you specifiy the file name, you are specifying the format.

Change the extension on the file you're creating to HTML.

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" 
"C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog
/el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.html" /ExportLogToXMLAlso

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

From Smartbear document

/ExportLogToXMLAlso

When you command TestComplete to export results in the Unpacked Storage format, it generates JSON data files and HTML, CSS, images, and other helper files. Using this argument in the command line tells TestComplete to generate data files in the XML format in addition to the JSON data files.

XML will be generated when you use Unpacked storage format.

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

Contributor

Hi,

That's what I found too. But there are no other files. Only the.mht file!

regards

Community Manager

Hi @kaivi,

Try adding quotes to the path you specify in the el parameter:

start /wait "TestExecute" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" 
"C:\Development\testcomplete\Testsuite\Testsuite.pjs" /r /p:BoxInfo /e /ns /DoNotShowLog
/el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.mht" /ExportLogToXMLAlso

Does it make the trick?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Contributor

Hi Tanya,

your trick has no effect.  Only the .mht file appears on the Desktop.

regards

Kai

Highlighted
Community Hero

The /ExportLogToXMLAlso is only used with UnPacked Stroage... MHT is the packed/compressed.  When you specifiy the file name, you are specifying the format.

Change the extension on the file you're creating to HTML.

/el:"C:\Users\test\Desktop\LogFile_TBInfo.html" /ExportLogToXMLAlso

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Good catch, Robert. 

My bad - I didn't notice the extension name Smiley Sad

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors