Forum Discussion

obaid_shirwani
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Do I need another license to execute scripts on Host Compluters

Hi folks,

I need to execute the automation scripts on a remote machine.

I currently have one Node Locked license for the server where I write scripts. Now I need to execute these scripts on a remote machine. The requirements say that I need to have TestComplete installed on the remote machine as well. Does this mean that I need another license as well for this remote machine?

Regards,

Obaid Shirwani

• You can use either TestComplete or TestExecute to run the tests.  TestComplete is good for creating, running, and debugging your tests.  TestExecute is good for just running your tests.  Whatever you run will need a license and it can't use the node-locked license on your development machine.

If all you need to do is run the test, TestExecute is your best choice.  The license is cheap and it's a floating license which means that you can run TestExecute on any machine (as long as the machine can get the license from your license server machine).

1 Reply

• You can use either TestComplete or TestExecute to run the tests.  TestComplete is good for creating, running, and debugging your tests.  TestExecute is good for just running your tests.  Whatever you run will need a license and it can't use the node-locked license on your development machine.

If all you need to do is run the test, TestExecute is your best choice.  The license is cheap and it's a floating license which means that you can run TestExecute on any machine (as long as the machine can get the license from your license server machine).