Forum Discussion

pmalichenko
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Can only event specific screenshots be added to the log ?

Hi,

I was wondering if I can add/keep only event specific (i.e failed step) screenshots in the log file ? Right now I pretty much have a screenshot for every single event/mouse click, which results in a large file when exporting the results, and this is something I would like to avoid.

Thanks,

Pavel.

• for failed test cases:
    1) tools -> current project properties -> visualizer -> choose those off options

2) tools -> current project properties -> log -> make sure that checkbox is checked.

----------------

if you want to get even more granular (about the prerequisite condition of posting a picture to the log), that will take some scripting effort by using event handlers to trigger the action of doing something like pic =SomeObj.Desktop.Picture() and then posting with Log.Picture(pic, "some message about this pic") based on the test engine event that you selected as the event handler. 

1 Reply

• for failed test cases:
    1) tools -> current project properties -> visualizer -> choose those off options

2) tools -> current project properties -> log -> make sure that checkbox is checked.

----------------

if you want to get even more granular (about the prerequisite condition of posting a picture to the log), that will take some scripting effort by using event handlers to trigger the action of doing something like pic =SomeObj.Desktop.Picture() and then posting with Log.Picture(pic, "some message about this pic") based on the test engine event that you selected as the event handler.