Forum Discussion

student
New Contributor
2 years ago

SwaggerHub 2.x initial installation database settings

Hi,

I have set up external MongoDB and PostgreSQL for running SwaggerHub on Kubernetes.
I can locally connect to both databases and everything is ok. However under the SwaggerHub initial installation, the database settings fail with:

External MongoDB Settings Check
Check failed | Error encountered when checking external MongoDB settings

External Postgres Settings Check
Check failed | Invalid catalog name

I have connection strings in these formats: 
mongodb[+srv]://admin_username:password@host[:port]?authSource=admin
postgresql://admin_username:password@host[:port]

Can anyone guide me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

3 Replies

KB1
    Champion Level 2

It looks like you are experiencing issues when setting up external MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases for use with SwaggerHub on Kubernetes.

To resolve the issue with the external MongoDB settings, you will need to ensure that the connection string you are using is correct and that the MongoDB instance is reachable from the SwaggerHub container. Make sure that the hostname, port, and authentication details are correct. You can also try using the mongo command-line tool to connect to the MongoDB instance and see if there are any issues.

To resolve the issue with the external PostgreSQL settings, you will need to ensure that the connection string you are using is correct and that the PostgreSQL instance is reachable from the SwaggerHub container. Make sure that the hostname, port, and authentication details are correct. You can also try using the psql command-line tool to connect to the PostgreSQL instance and see if there are any issues.

If you are still having issues after checking these things, you may want to check the logs of the SwaggerHub container to see if there are any additional error messages that can help you troubleshoot the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions