Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Is it possible to show navigation but hide code editor?

We want to be able to show the left-side navigation but do not want to complicate the UI with the giant JSON code editor.

Everything described by the API is surfaced quite well via the "UI Docs" so the giant block of JSON is unnecessary and, really, a big distraction to the consumer.

It seems the only option to hide the code editor also hides the left-side navigation, which is baffling.

Is it possible to show the left-side nav but hide the editor?

• Hey flashgorman. I've just tried this out on my machine and unfortunately it seems like you haven't missed anything; it isn't currently possible to have the navigator visible without the code editor. However, if you click on the button underlined in the screenshot below:

You'll get a URL with a documentation-only view; no code editor will be visible. This could be another option for sharing with consumers who don't want to see the code.

Hope this helps!

1 Reply

• Hey flashgorman. I've just tried this out on my machine and unfortunately it seems like you haven't missed anything; it isn't currently possible to have the navigator visible without the code editor. However, if you click on the button underlined in the screenshot below:

You'll get a URL with a documentation-only view; no code editor will be visible. This could be another option for sharing with consumers who don't want to see the code.

Hope this helps!