Forum Discussion

greglovely
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

How to clear an Okta connection when pressing the Logout button

Not sure if this is the correct board, as none of my previous questions were ever answered, but I'll give it another shot just in case.

I have a .Net Core 6 web api integrated with Okta and am generating the Swagger UI at runtime.

I am able to Authenticate with Okta by pressing the Authorize button, filling in the Client ID, checking the Scope and pressing Authorize.  I receive the Okta Sign In page and fill in my credentials.  When it returns to the Authorize popup, it shows that the connection is Authorized.
I can then invoke the endpoints from my web api and see the results.
When I am done, I press the Authorize button, then press the Logout button and then the Close button.

To test a different Okta account with different roles, I attempt to connect to Okta again.

I press the Authorize button, fill in the Client ID, check the Scope and press Authorize.
This time, however, I do not receive the Okta Sign In page.  The Authorize popup shows that the connection is Authorized.

I can still invoke the endpoints from my web api and I can even access my Okta dashboard without having to sign in.

It appears that the Logout button does nothing more than clear the previous Access token.

I need to know how I can get the Logout button to actually log the user out of Okta.
Since the Swagger page is generated at runtime, I have no idea how to do this.

1 Reply

greglovely
    Occasional Contributor

Well, this is the third post that I've made and have had zero responses.  From what I have seen on this board, that is a common experience.

Apparently, no one supports this product.  After trying to resolve this issue, I contacted Okta support and they informed me that out of all their customers, they only had 97 that used Swagger.  They recommended that we switch to Postman.  Since Swagger doesn't have any support, that is what I am recommending for our project.