Forum Discussion

cricketics
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Can "try it out" be disabled/hidden from online editor

Was curious to know if there is a way to totally hide "Try it now" feature from the documentation?

5 Replies

kyleshockey
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hey cricketics,

You can't control configuration options in the online editor, but Swagger UI's supportedSubmitMethods option is available if you're using Swagger Editor in your own codebase.

cricketics
      Contributor

Okay, when you say that i can do it in my own codebase, what exactly you mean? Can you be specific a bit. So basically I can use swagger editor on my own codebase? I thought there was only a yaml/json file behind it. How can I use it with my own codebase. 

Sorry, bit new to all this and appreciate any help.

Regards

cricketics
      Contributor

Hey buddy I had a quick question. I am confused which one is free. Is swagger UI free to download and host?

Currently I was usin swagger editor, but if I want to customize like the try it now which I mentioned, do I need to susbcribe to anything or is swagger UI free.

Thanks

kyleshockey
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Swagger UI is free as well, you can find it on GitHub: http://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-ui/

You don't need to switch to Swagger UI to use the option I mentioned, though. Swagger Editor has Swagger UI embedded, so you can just pass any Swagger UI option you'd like to Swagger Editor and it will be handed off to Swagger UI.