Forum Discussion

okta
New Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Getting Chrome autofill to work in Swagger UI "try it out" forms

When developing an API and launching a debugging session locally, I use Swagger UI to fire a request to an endpoint I am currently working on. Since the endpoint requires 5+ properties (date from, date to, page number etc), I have to manually enter (or copy-paste) the values in order to proceed with "try it out" functionality. 

Chrome (or any other browser) does not offer the autofill since the form fields do not contain the "name" attribute on the form input fields.

What options do I have to avoid filling out the form if I have already filled it out? If browser autofill is not an option, is there another way to configure this so that the values are already present when I launch a debugging session and navigate to an endpoint?

• Nevermind, I developed a basic chrome/edge extension which stores form values into local storage and loads the stored values upon request. I will publish it on chrome web store asap.

1 Reply

okta
    New Contributor

Nevermind, I developed a basic chrome/edge extension which stores form values into local storage and loads the stored values upon request. I will publish it on chrome web store asap.