cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-Security: Shared symmetric key for encryption and signature

Occasional Contributor

WS-Security: Shared symmetric key for encryption and signature

Hello,
we use SOAPUI to test mechanisms of WS-Security.
A typical scenario is, that the client generate a new symmetric key (session key), that use for encrytpion and(!) for signature. After that the symmetric key will also encrypt and send as to the recipient.

In the current version of Soapui (v2.0.2) it is possible to generate and use a symmetric key during the encryption process of Outgoing Configurations for WS-Security. This works fine. But how can I use the same symmetric Key for a signature?  Or is it possible to generate a symmetric key in a signature, that can be reuse in a encryption?

This scenario is a widespread use case (e.g. it corresponds to symmetric binding in WS-SecuriyPolicy), so the support with Soapui is (for us) very important.

Thanks for your help and kind regards.
Detlef
3 REPLIES 3
Super Contributor

Re: WS-Security: Shared symmetric key for encryption and signature

Hi Detlef,

thanks for your post, I'll have to dig into this.. I'll get back to you when I know more.. sorry for the inconvenience..

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ole,
let me know if you need more information (e.g. a sample request / response message).

Regards
Detlef
Occasional Contributor

a new reply after 8 years Smiley Happy

do anyone get a solution for this issue ?

I open new ticket for the same as I face the same issue with OWSM ... I'm not able to test the service via SOAPUI

http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/WS-Security-Signature-with-Symmetric-Key/m-p/11...

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: