Forum Discussion

Rama16
Contributor
5 years ago

Issue stopping the tests

Hi,

I am not able to stop the tests in the SOAP UI Pro. I see this error at regular intervel. Due to this, I need to kill the ready API and re open it. Please advise. 

Mon Apr 22 15:57:00 EDT 2019: WARN: Test Monitor: A test model item was started again before it could finish the current run [model item ID: 66e7c835-0089-437c-8deb-55c345aeb4fe].

Thanks,
Rama

8 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rama,

Can you please provide more details about your issue?

- Do you use the stop button in the UI to stop the test?

- Do you get this error only for a particular test or project? If so, it would be great to see your project.

- Do you have duplicate test steps?

- Do you get this error on a particular test step?

Rama16
      Contributor

Hi Nastya_Khovrina 

Please see my response.

- Do you use the stop button in the UI to stop the test? Yes, It does not respond.

- Do you get this error only for a particular test or project? If so, it would be great to see your project. 

Yes. Not sure I can share due to privacy. If I kill the app and re-open. Then it works fine.

- Do you have duplicate test steps? No

- Do you get this error on a particular test step? Yes

Thanks,
      Rama

• Hi Rama16 ,

Yes sometimes i also face the same issue. What i do is remove the not needed Project from the SoapUI and it worked fine after restarting the SoapUI/ReadyAPI.

Nastya_Khovrina
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rama16,

For what test step do you face the issue? Is it a groovy or JDBC test step? Can you provide us with the test step settings?

Rama16
        Contributor

Hi Nastya_Khovrina ,

I am not using JDBC or Groovy script.

I agree with HimanshuTayal. I tried to same today morning for one of the request. I am unable to cancel. I do not see any error in the logs as well. See attached. I see error before. I am trying hit Auth API with NTLM. After I send request, I see always cancel (in attachment) with no error about the request status. When I click cancel, I see below error in the logs. I tried same in Postman and works fine. It seems like an issue with SOAPI UI Pro tool. I would suggest SOAP UI Pro should have timeout of the request without showing cancel button always. If we will proper error if the request is taking longer time, it should give proper error message. I am sure it is definely a SOAP UI Pro bug as same the URL works fine in Postman.

Wed Apr 24 10:59:40 EDT 2019: WARN: Test Monitor: A test model item was started again before it could finish the current run [model item ID: c771f9ea-8f85-4fa1-9e18-8c037cbca691].

Thanks,
        Rama