Forum Discussion

vijayakrishnabv
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

How to create different folders to hold group of test suites or test cases

I am using SoapUI NG pro version of Ready API.Recently I have come across a scenario like I neeed create different folders to hold test suites related to specic functionality and I am unable to create the required folder structure.

How to create different folders to hold group of test suites or test cases?

Thanks,

Vijay

6 Replies

SmartBearAmber
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You can tag your test cases and use those tags to manage which tests should be executed. For more information, see this document.

vijayakrishnabv
        Occasional Contributor

My requirement is I have similar tests with different test data for 14 modules.So it is difficult for maintenance if I create 10 * 14 = 140 test suites/Test cases in parallel with different names.So I am thinking of creating different folders and under each folder I can create relevant test suites /test cases.

Tags may help somewhat, but not that much useful.

vijayakrishnabv
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply Kondasamy.

My requirement is something like the picture in the attachment. I have similar tests with different test data for 14 modules.So it is difficult for maintenance if I create 10 * 14 = 140 test suites in parallel with different names.So I am thinking of creating 14 folders and under each folder I can create relevant test suites and test cases.