cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Hermes is either not installed or is not configured properly in Ubuntu

Error: Hermes is either not installed or is not configured properly in Ubuntu

Hi Team,

I have installed ReadyAPI 2.5.0 in Ubuntu machine which doesn't have GUI.
Below is the location where it got installed successfully.

/opt/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.5.0$

As a part of project I tried to install HermesJMS. I downloaded the hermesJMS folder from SmartBear site and copied at below location.

/opt/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.5.0/hermesJMS

I am not sure about hermesJMS installation on Ubuntu, so I added below line in /opt/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.5.0/hermesJMS/bin/hermes.sh file

HERMES_HOME=/opt/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.5.0/hermesJMS

As a part of ReadyAPI installation, soapui-settings.xml was NOT getting generated by default, so I created the file under my home/user folder in
ubuntu machine

/home/cs/soapui-settings.xml

So when I am executing our test cases, I am getting below errors:

08:06:16,923 ERROR [HermesUtils] Hermes is either not installed or is not configured properly.
08:06:16,923 ERROR [HermesUtils] An error occurred when trying to find a JMS session.
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: binding APOLLO_QA_RS does not exist

08:06:16,928 ERROR [JmsConnectionManager] Unable to create connection
javax.naming.NamingException: The session name APOLLO_QA_RS does not exist in the Hermes configuration, or the path to the folder where the Hermes configuration file resides (/opt/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.5.0/hermesJMS/cfg) is invalid.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue

1 REPLY 1

Re: Error: Hermes is either not installed or is not configured properly in Ubuntu

Hi durgeshshisode,

Thank you for your post. I see that you're working with our Support team regarding this issue, so please continue working with them in the corresponding support case.

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓