Forum Discussion

bigDaddy
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

creating WSDL and getting error: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: does not close tag

I am going through the tutorial at:

https://www.soapui.org/getting-started/your-first-soapui-project.html

I am at the step where I create a new WSDL, "2) Add a WSDL"

I right click the "Getting Started" Folder and select "Add WSDL".

I enter the url in the box "WSDL Location:", I enter:

http://www.webservicex.com/currencyconvertor.asmx?WSDL

The error comes up. Please see the attached error message.

Now, this is my first time using the program and I AM BEHIND A FIREWALL. Thus, this could be causing the problem.

Any insights would be helpful.

thanks,

the lonely developer (bigDaddy)

• I have learned that the operation works perfectly fine when I am at my home computer.

The proxy settings I entered into SoapUI at my work computer don't seem to have a positive effect. Other developers here at my office have left those settings at their blank defaults.

However, I KNOW it has to do with the security settings at my work's network.

So, I finally got this to work, as others have pointed out, by saving the WSDL information to a local file. The steps I took were as follows:

1. Entering the path into my Chrome (or any other) browser; in this case the url is:
    2. Take the resultant browser output and save it as an XML file. "XML" is the default file extension. An extension of "WSDL" may be technically more accurate. You can do this by right-clicking in the browser window with the resultant WSDL information present and choosing "Save As...". Save the file to your local machine.
    3. After creating a new project in SoapUI, right-click the project and choose "Add WSDL".
    4. Enter the path to the saved XML file. SoapUI will correctly interpret the file and create the necessary information tree.
    5. The resultant SoapUI tree looks similar to the following:

3 Replies

bigDaddy
      New Contributor

I am able to open the URL in Chrome with no issues.

The other developers do not have any proxy settings set in SoapUI's  "Proxy

Settings". Thus, the problem is probably elsewhere.

I will attempt this same set of operations at home and see if it works there.

If it does, then I can assume it has something to do with the network security here at my work place.

I will let you know my results.

bigDaddy
        New Contributor

I have learned that the operation works perfectly fine when I am at my home computer.

The proxy settings I entered into SoapUI at my work computer don't seem to have a positive effect. Other developers here at my office have left those settings at their blank defaults.

However, I KNOW it has to do with the security settings at my work's network.

So, I finally got this to work, as others have pointed out, by saving the WSDL information to a local file. The steps I took were as follows:

1. Entering the path into my Chrome (or any other) browser; in this case the url is:
        2. Take the resultant browser output and save it as an XML file. "XML" is the default file extension. An extension of "WSDL" may be technically more accurate. You can do this by right-clicking in the browser window with the resultant WSDL information present and choosing "Save As...". Save the file to your local machine.
        3. After creating a new project in SoapUI, right-click the project and choose "Add WSDL".
        4. Enter the path to the saved XML file. SoapUI will correctly interpret the file and create the necessary information tree.
        5. The resultant SoapUI tree looks similar to the following: