Forum Discussion

Katona
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

Using SoapUI with gradle

Hi,

I am trying to use SoapUI via gradle, but dependency resolution fails with the following error:

> Could not resolve jtidy:jtidy:r872-jdk15.
Required by:
com.chemaxon.bioreg:bioreg-ws:1.0-SNAPSHOT > com.smartbear.soapui:soapui:5.1.0
> inconsistent module metadata found. Descriptor: jtidy:jtidy:r872 Errors: bad version: expected='r872-jdk15' found='r872'
> Could not resolve gnu.cajo:cajo:1.142.
Required by:
com.chemaxon.bioreg:bioreg-ws:1.0-SNAPSHOT > com.smartbear.soapui:soapui:5.1.0
> inconsistent module metadata found. Descriptor: cajo:cajo:1.142 Errors: bad group: expected='gnu.cajo' found='cajo'

It seems that the pom files for cajo and jtidy are still not correct according to gradle, as mentioned in this earlier post: http://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/soapui-junit/m-p/37927/highlight/true#M18982. Could anyone who is in charge please fix this?

Thanks,

Gabor

4 Replies

jurek
    New Contributor

You can localy find this files in .m2 repository. Need to just replace groupId for cajo and version, names of files for jtidy. Can you please share your build file? I also try to create build file on gradle for my project, but got different errors)

GraemeMRoss
      Occasional Visitor

That is all very well when you are talking about local builds. However we are trying to using the testrunner in a build pipeline on an automated server. There is no opportunity to manually update any files in a cache before running the test. (Plus the build pipeline might discard the cache at any time)

These problems need to be resolved. Looking at the posting trail you have known about this error for at least a year - This is not what I expect from a modern company,

Or is it that soupui is not suitable to use in a modern build pipeline environment !!! 

rupert_anderson
        Valued Contributor

Hi,

Strangely Maven doesn't seem to mind about these two dependencies, I agree its not great that Gradle does, would be nice if it was cleaned up. In the past I have excluded them in my Gradle scripts, which didn't seem to have any adverse affects for SoapUI e.g. 

dependencies {
        compile(group: 'com.smartbear.soapui', name: 'soapui',
        version:'5.1.2-m-SNAPSHOT') {
        exclude(module: 'jtidy' )
        exclude(module: 'cajo' )
        }
        }

All other dependencies should resolve then.

As an alternative you can always use the SoapUI Maven plugin and other script types in a modern build pipeline environment.  

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rupert