Forum Discussion

Tareque
Occasional Contributor
17 years ago

Request timing out

Hi,
I have create a new Test Request which is timing out when the Database is slow or when i try to debug the application. The exception is
Mon Nov 26 12:51:47 EST 2007:ERROR:Exception in request: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Mon Nov 26 12:51:47 EST 2007:ERROR:An error occured [Read timed out], see error log for details
Mon Nov 26 12:51:47 EST 2007:INFO:Error getting response for [WSDLGatewaySoapBinding.processRequest:Test Request]; java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Is there any way I can increase the timeout for this request?
Regards

5 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

yes, there is a setting for this in the global preferences dialog in the HTTP-Settings tab ("Socket Timeout"), specify for example 600000 for ten minutes..

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • how can I set this variable with the value of another value.  I tried the following but it does not work

${Global-timeout-ms}
  • TSeieroe wrote:

how can I set this variable with the value of another value.  I tried the following but it does not work

${Global-timeout-ms}

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Unfortunately you currently can't, please add a feature request at sourceforge for this!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi guys,

I have a read timeout too but I use the API in a JSE project, I would like to know if I'm in the same case than TSeieroe

If you didn't have the feature, how do you pass the timeout value from your GUI to the to make the connection ?

Thanks for your time,

Christophe.