Forum Discussion

17 years ago

Personal Pro vs. Commercial Pro -- only 'Support' is difference.

Hi all,

I'm interested in purchasing SoapUI  for personal use on several open source projects (lovely product/project you've got here). However, it's not abundantly clear from your Personal Pro vs. Soap Pro information pages that the ONLY difference between the two is support. For example, the Pro page details the additional test step types you get with the pro version but this information is not present for the personal pro overview...I need most of the extra features but none of the hand-holding support.

Just looking for clarification or perhaps a link to one of those "features comparision grid" type pages for the different versions of SoapUI. What are the differences between Personal Pro vs Pro license?

Thanks,
The Wabbit

1 Reply

• Hi!

I'll look into how to update the pages. Basically there are few differences:

1) Functionality. Exactly the same.
    2) Use. By strict definition Pro is for companies, Personal is for people.
    3) Support. That's really the 200$ extra. Personal licenses do not get support, or have to make do with the support in the soapUI and SourceForge forums.

So we should make it REALLY clear that the only differences are the two above. Sorry about the miss in communication, our thoughts are clear, but our words are muddy. 

There also is a third license...
    If it is for Open Source Projects, send us an application and you could recieve one for free.
    http://www.eviware.com/content/view/44/7/.

You are of course always welcome to buy a license.

/niclas
    eviware.com